As a leading 3PL for 15+ years, we have the resources and know-how to manage the pick-up and delivery of product over the ocean, air and land no matter if it is international or domestic. Jillamy offers a full complement of freight forwarding solutions; including a customs brokerage as well as logistics, packaging and warehousing services. A fully-integrated transportation service network excelling in fulfilling our customers’ unique contract packaging, warehousing, shipping needs and capacity requirements, while ensuring reasonable costs and reliable deliveries. We have a warehouse footprint of over 1,000,000 square feet strategically located to major markets. Our food grade warehouses perform pick/pack, kitting, bagging, blister sealing, and provide cross dock capabilities.
We offer a team-based environment that encourages leadership and resourcefulness, and rewards the “roll-up-your-sleeves, let’s get the job done” attitude. We are seeking experienced and qualified candidates for full-time position as a Logistics Coordinator based in Charlotte, NC.
Position Overview: Manage accounts by ensuring that our clients receive the best product at the most reasonable cost, while maximizing margin and network efficiency. Responsible for all day-to-day activities in the transportation cycle: dispatching carriers to align with our customers’ needs, tracking shipments, customer reporting and invoicing.
• Develop and maintain solid professional relationships with vendors, negotiate for cost-effective services, and support them with operational processes.
• Research and quote transportation costs.
• Collaborate with Business Development to confirm accurate and complete on-boarding of new clients and lanes through required notifications, reporting, accessorial agreements and invoicing.
• Ensure carrier performance and event compliance according to Mode standards.
• Identify and prioritize problems, and make suggestions to correct the situation.
• Develop and execute timely resolutions to transit delays; notify clients of any issues with their shipments, and educate them on industry and/or regulatory changes.
• Ensure complete, accurate and timely client order acceptance/entry into the Mode Transportation system via EDI, web tender, email, fax, phone, or other applicable form of communication.
• Work collaboratively with team members to determine most cost-effective recovery plan for missed pick-ups and deliveries.
• Identify accessorial charge patterns; consult with clients to develop processes to reduce charges.
• Determine which accessorial charges can be billed and effectively communicate charges to clients/vendors within 24 hrs. of occurrence.
• Assist Sales and Accounting departments on invoicing discrepancies.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Follows policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Previous brokerage-related or transportation-related experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with focus on supply chain management, preferred.
• Quick learner, multi-tasker, organized, detail-oriented, problem-solver.
• Strong customer service and communication skills; thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven experience managing/prioritizing own work assignments, and meeting deadlines.
• Requires confidence and independent decision-making skills to problem-solve, juggle competing priorities, and provide accurate and responsive customer service.
• Ability to quickly assess client situations, and escalate to management when needed.
• Required computer skills; proficiency with Windows operating system, MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and internet browsers. Able to learn new programs/systems quickly.
Generous competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx plans, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) plan with Employer Match, Voluntary Term Life/AD&D, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Direct Deposit, Annual Reviews, etc.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Jillamy, Inc. Human Resources Department.