This position will complete the daily operations of the trading department along with other traders. The Trader will maintain the integrity of our portfolios and protect the company through implementation of processes to create sound trading and auditing practices. The Trader will be held accountable to minimizing trade errors, performance and AUM reporting, as well as meeting and exceeding the set expectations of the trading department. The Trader will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and work closely with the Service Team.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Manage processes for proper trading execution for both upstream and downstream processes.
- Assist in daily management of trading performance – execution, timing, expectations.
- Manage GIPS & performance reporting.
- Communicate performance & portfolio changes with CSO.
- Communicate trade error reports to CSO.
- Collaborate with internal teams to resolve discrepancies.
- Support future scalability.
- Other duties assigned.
Trilogy Financial values their employees like family. The following are some of the benefits of a career with Trilogy Financial:
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Coverage
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) matching
- Eligible Profit Sharing
- Career Development, Mentorship and Education
- Team Events and Parties
- Achievement Awards and Trips
Today, one client at a time, Trilogy has become a nationwide firm with clients from coast to coast. Our clients have over $2 billion dollars in brokerage and advisory assets served through Trilogy and our staff has grown to over 150 comprehensive Advisors. Trilogy continues to recruit and mentor new talent to the industry, a commitment abandoned by many of its competitors. Because of this, our multi-generational staff understands the needs and perspectives of a wide variety of client needs. We utilize progressive ideas and opportunities to help our clients now and into the future. Today, as always, Trilogy lives by its development motto: never stop growing. Where will Trilogy’s story lead? We believe the sky’s the limit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required.
- 3+ years of experience, specifically in the trading department of an RIA or TPAM preferred.
- Detail oriented with superior problem-solving skills.
- Meets the values of the firm – client centered, teamwork, humility, and perseverance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication – clear and concise.
- Attention to detail, industry knowledge, and quality of work.
- Minimization of trading errors.
- Ability to work with both advisors and management for the betterment of our clients.
- Coachable, trainable, and willing to grow in a career at Trilogy.
- Shows initiative to proactively identify additional client needs or wants and present solutions with team support.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment; the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.