Company: TM Technology Partners, a business unit of AMA Group
Reports To: Principal
Our Los Angeles office is looking for an experienced Audio-Visual (AV) engineer to lead projects and mentor emerging IT engineers. The role also includes design of various AV systems in multiple vertical markets using the latest AutoCAD and BIM platforms. The responsibilities include gathering requirements, creating the design, and ensuring the design is implemented as intended.
Who We Are? TMT Technology Partners (TMT) is an industry-leading consulting, design and project management firm providing a comprehensive portfolio of technology services to businesses and organizations across both public and private sectors. A proud affiliate of AMA Group, a national leader in providing solution-oriented engineering design and implementation, TMT specializes in a host of services ranging from foundational areas such as IT, Security, Audio Visual and Acoustical systems to the most advanced smart building technologies.
AMA Group employs 200+ dedicated and talented professionals with 40+ licensed professional engineers and many others holding a variety of technology, energy and sustainability-related certifications. Founded in 2000 in New York City, we’ve grown to provide a comprehensive suite of services (MEP, IT Infrastructure, Fire Protection, Life Safety, Security, Audio Visual, Acoustics, Lighting, Commissioning, Design-Build, Renewable Energy, and Manufacturing) across national offices in New York, New Jersey, California, Florida, and Texas.
Why AMA: At AMA, people are at the heart of everything we are and what we do. Employee experience at our focal point we are dedicated to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the industry; and ensuring employees’ development, wellness, and overall experiences are satisfying and rewarding. We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package to our team members, and provide an open, honest, and fun work environment.
As a senior AV Engineer you will be involved with leading and running projects. In your role you will:
- Develop audiovisual design requirements by meeting with, and discussing clients’ requirements, and working with internal design team
- Design and coordinate with architectural and engineering disciplines for Audio-Visual systems including but not limited to, boardrooms, collaboration rooms, huddle spaces, town hall venues, conference, and multipurpose rooms
- Development of 2D and 3D drawings for architectural layouts of AV equipment, and system schematic diagrams
- Organize and lead coordination meeting and take detailed meeting minutes
- Mentor junior team members
- Contribute to the RFP process
Education: Bachelors in Engineering or related discipline. CTS certification a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with AV design, planning, and project management skills
- Advanced AutoCAD and Revit knowledge required
- Working knowledge of key audio, video, and audiovisual products from major manufacturers including Crestron, Extron, BiAmp, Shure, Polycom, Cisco, QSC, and others
- Working knowledge of Crestron, and other control system design regarding control logic development and touch panel design and layouts
- Working knowledge of computer networks as they pertain to both IP audio and video signal transport and IP based video / audio conferencing
- Expertise with sound system acoustics regarding microphone and speaker requirements and placement
- AVIXA CTS / CTS-D certificate a plus
- Manufacturer-sponsored certifications ideal
- Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project
- Familiarity with, and ability to use rendering software/Photoshop to create presentations would be a significant advantage
- Proven ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently while managing multiple projects
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [”protected characteristics’] including, but not limited to: race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status of any person, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.