AFTER SCHOOL CARE WORKER
JOB TITLE: After School Care Worker
REPORTS TO: After School Care Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY: To provide appropriate supervision of students in after school care program
- Born-again Christian and credible Christian role model whose godly lifestyle and character demonstrate obedience to God and the Holy Scriptures. Active member of an evangelical Trinitarian church.
- Accepts and supports the school’s statement of faith and indicates a continuing sense of God’s direction in working at Lighthouse Christian School.
- Ability to work as part of a team with a positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate an attitude of support and encouragement
- 1-2 years of experience with school-aged children, preferred but not required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Lighthouse school age children after the normal school day.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt an effective course of action.
- Facilitates positive and productive interactions
- Administer discipline as needed. Refer to high authority for more serious disciplinary action
- Ability to properly administer first aid if necessary
- Be in After School Care room on time and ready to supervise children as they arrive
- Oversee and supervise any specific areas/activities that After School Care Manager assigns
- Help with set up and clean-up of projects & activities as needed as well as maintain overall cleanliness (vacuuming, sanitizing, etc)
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors
- Part time, non-exempt position based upon the school year calendar.
- Hourly wage as outlined in the annual at-will employment letter.