A caring professional, skilled at supporting others in their time of need
A thoughtful, kind and gentle individual who easily connects with others
An altruistic and confident individual who seeks meaning in their daily work and wants to provide value to an organization
Come for the culture. And the benefits.
- Deeply meaningful, heart-warming work
- Continuous displays of gratitude from patients, family and friends
- Collaboration with other compassionate, unique and professional colleagues
- Warm, friendly, flexible, supportive, and safe work environment
- Highly regarded, long-standing reputation for quality service in the community
- Connection to an incredible team of industry leaders
- Opportunity for career development and advancement
- Competitive compensation
- Generous Health and Wellness Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision, EAP and company paid Life Insurance
- Robust PTO and time off program
- Supportive and helpful 401k (plus matching) program
- Helpful car lease program (based on eligibility)
- Educational Support (based on eligibility)
- Flexible work schedules
Join us in our heart work.
Snowline Hospice is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. Our mission is to enhance the living, comfort the dying, and support the grieving with compassion and dignity. Our Supportive Care team is dynamic and supportive; not only caring for the patients and friends and families we serve, but for each other, every day.
Summary of role.
Our Spiritual Care Provider is responsible for providing spiritual care to patients and families/caregivers of Snowline Hospice, either directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual counselors. Functions as a collaborative member of the interdisciplinary team. Salary range is: $66,560-$81,120
Here's how you'll be caring.
- To honor your patient's wishes and support them achieve their spiritual goals
- To help patients leave this world with dignity
- In close collaboration with other disciplinary teams, you will be actively supporting quality care and promote patients’ comfort
- Enjoy meaningful connections as you join forces to make good things happen
Each day. Essential functions.
- Assess or facilitate team assessment of patient/family/caregiver spiritual needs as related to the terminal illness process
- Complete spiritual assessments, documentation, and plan of care in accordance with agency procedures and regulatory standards
- Acknowledge and respect the patient's and family's beliefs, culture and values related to life's meaning including suffering, loss, and desire for services/support
- Integrate spiritual issues into care plan, evaluate effectiveness of the resource intervention, and initiate follow-up action as needed
- Provide consultation and education to interdisciplinary team members and others in spiritual issues and needs of patients/families during a terminal disease process, in cooperation with other Hospice team members
- Other duties as assigned by members of the Leadership Team
Our ideal candidate.
- Education in world religions and cultural spiritual practices/customs preferred
- Religious Science Practitioner or Masters degree in Divinity or Theology from an accredited college, university or seminary preferred
- At least two years demonstrated experience working with patients/families dealing with life-threatening illness, death and grief
- Experience working in a health care setting or as a Spiritual Care Provider preferred
- Four Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) units preferred
- Excellent observation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of concepts of various faiths
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently operate a computer, Electronic Health Records (EHR) experience preferred
- Valid CA driver's license, with a reliable vehicle that is insured in accordance with state requirements
- Is open to an occasional flexible schedule to work evenings or weekends
- Is comfortable being mobile and can travel throughout service area