Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate Team Members.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the warehouse including storage, inventory accuracy, logistics, distribution, warehouse efficiency, optimization of product flow, transportation and people. The Warehouse Supervisor will work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to meet all daily requirements, process and inspect incoming products, cycle count and report inventory discrepancies and coordinate with the third-party offsite warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Manages the day-to-day warehouse activities, material handlers, inventory and organization of the warehouse
- Coordinates with third-party warehouses and vendors
- Partners with the Planner/Expeditors to execute shipping and litter related administrative responsibilities
- Establishes operational procedures for activities, such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments using Flexport, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Conducts cycle counts and tracks inventory on a regular basis
- Establishes warehouse best practices and protocols to achieve an efficient warehouse
- Participates in and conducts training including forklift training for all team members within the warehouse
- Confers with department heads to ensure the coordination of warehouse activities (i.e. production, sales, records control and purchasing; deals with vendors)
- Participates in the hiring process and helps train warehouse personnel and issues work assignments; plans for future hiring
- Compiles, analyzes and reports on various aspects of obtaining, maintaining and distributing inventories
- Establishes stocking, storage and disposition procedures for all warehouse materials
- Develops procedures for the operation and maintenance of a computerized inventory control system; conducts review of inventory data
- Recommends changes to existing safety policies and procedures for all activities; maintains current knowledge of and implements existing applicable federal and state safety and health requirements
- Effectively and safely train team members on all power equipment including but not limited to Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT), Electric/Manual Pallet Jacks, MOBI-Crane to promote Whisker Zero-Incident Safety Culture
- Professionally interacts with visiting truck drivers, supplies and customers
- Engages in 5S ("Sort", "Set In order", "Shine", "Standardize" and "Sustain”) activities
- Participates in the interview process, performance reviews and “people” related activities
- Navigates staffing shortages with the plant leadership team
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
Directly supervises department Teams. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Whisker policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training and hiring Teams, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, addressing Team issues, and upholding safety and quality guidelines.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a warehouse, distribution, logistics environment that included pick-and-pack and fulfillment enterprises
- Experience shipping/receiving domestic and international orders
- Experience working with FedEx, DHL, UPS and third-party logistics
- Experience driving manufacturing equipment such as sit down/stand up forklifts and electric/manual pallet jacks which requires certification at Whisker within the first 30 days
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Windows and GMail
- Ability to hold others accountable to standards and expectations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to drive a forklift and maneuver an electric pallet jack to load tractor trailers and other vehicles
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
Not Required but Nice to Have!
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Knowledge of best in class warehouse practices
- Experience working in SAP
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member must continuously lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.