Foothills Regional Housing (FRH) is currently looking for a strong applicant with project management experience with an eye for detail in financial aspects of development and rehab activities. The Developer helps manage multiple housing projects in various phases of the development process.
May perform predevelopment tasks as follows:
• Assess near and long-term market and financial feasibility, and risk, of projects including development and operations.
• Coordinate site analysis and preparation of preliminary technical reports, including ordering environmental reports, surveys, capital needs assessments, and soils reports; and review zoning, entitlement, permitting feasibility.
• Assist in obtaining site control, including coordinating with title companies and attorneys.
May perform entitlement activities as follows:
• Assist in stakeholder communication planning when necessary.
• Assist the Director of Real Estate with City and County officials and project consultants to prepare and submit development review applications, land entitlements, and manage permitting and entitlement process.
May perform project management tasks as follows:
• Prepare memos summarizing project milestones, facts, and policies for internal staff use.
• Coordinate draft scopes of work, specifications, and materials between FRH staff and consultants or vendors.
• Draft, use, and help update administrative and project tracking tools.
• Establish and maintain project records and documentation.
• Draft, manage, and update project timelines and schedules.
• Review, resolve issues, and recommend approval of requests for payment from consultants and contract service providers.
• Contribute to an annual evaluation of the prior year’s work program and preparation of the work program for the upcoming year.
• Participate in Board of Directors meetings to ensure good communication and briefs the Executive Team on project issues, recommendations, and updates to secure CEO and Board approvals.
• Assist with procurement of consultants; negotiation of contracts and letters of engagement with consultants and manage ongoing relationships.
• Coordinate pre-development and development processes including but not limited to, procurement, funder due-diligence requirements, financing applications, and construction closeout, and loan conversion.
May perform design and construction related tasks as follows:
• Facilitate the design process and helps coordinate programming and design choices.
• Participate in regular project coordination meetings, maintains project timelines, and coordinates design and cost estimates with consultants.
• Analyze change orders and any changes to schedule or contract amendments, with assistance from the Construction Manager.
• Review requisitions and draw requests, collaborates with Accounting team, financial and accounting consultants regarding cost certifications, investor reporting, and coordinates project closeout tasks.
• Work closely with other members of the development team to forecast and manage risk and issues related to construction quality, timeline, budget.
• Assure timely, informed, and cooperative transition to leasing and property operations staff.
May perform financing related tasks as follows:
• Negotiate and obtain project financing including grants, loans, tax credits, rental assistance contracts, and other subsidies.
• Communicate regularly and seeks assistance from Accounting and Property Operations teams in developing financing structures, and in coordinating management, compliance, and maintenance for properties. Encourages participation with other FRH team members.
• Develop and maintain pro-formas and other financial documents to be shared with consultants, funders, and the Director of Real Estate for financial deal structuring.
• Prepare applications, negotiates financing agreements, and coordinates closings.
• Produce and review completion reports to funders and investors.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal funding sources pursuant to their rules and regulations.
Miscellaneous tasks may include:
• Continually update and maintain current job knowledge of applicable local, city, state, and federal projects, laws, programs, processes, market conditions, projects, etc.
• Participate in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development.
• Take proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances, and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• High level of verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read and analyze construction documents and specifications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Proactive and seek to manage risk
• Work independently and makes sound decisions quickly under deadline pressures
• Demonstrate understanding of, and/or seeks explanation of, complex written directions from government agencies
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable transportation, and ability to be insured at standard rates are required
• Project management and related methods
• Methods, techniques, costs, and processes of multi-family housing design, development, and construction
• Procore, MS Office, and Adobe Acrobat
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in construction science, engineering, finance, real estate, business administration, architecture, or related field from an accredited institution
• Three to five years of progressively responsible experience managing community development or housing projects, program design, development, and implementation.
• A combination of relevant experience and education may substitute for the above requirements, at the sole discretion of FRH.
Full-time position, requiring occasional evening and/or weekend hours and some out-of-town travel. Requires ability to walk or otherwise physically inspect construction sites. Must be able to lift thirty (30) pounds and climb multiple flights of stairs.
FRH requires all employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.
This is a non-exempt position and pay is $38.46 to $40.86 / hourly based on experience.