Join the PURIS team to lead the plant-based movement and create the processes for the development of cutting edge plant-based foods! This position is responsible for hands-on, day-to-day new product development and product optimization across entire spectrum of PURIS ingredients for advancing product line growth. The Product Development Scientist will leverage knowledge related to ingredients, product formulations and food processing to explore, create and develop innovative products to drive ingredient sales. This individual will work under the leadership of VP of R&D to support concept ideation, design, and manage benchtop experiments, investigate, and assess new ingredients, technologies for product development.
PURIS offers competitive wages, fully paid life, disability, and dental insurance, along with affordable medical and vision insurance upon qualification. We also offer a generous PTO package and 401k.
The Product Development Scientist must embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
- Develop new products, make product improvements, and contribute to concept refinement and product start-ups.
- Provide Product Development expertise for PURIS customers by creating market preferred products through bench top product development, leveraging culinary input, technical innovation, and consumer insights.
- Lead Sensory and Shelf-life studies for application and ingredient work.
- Managing inventory for responsible projects and the overall state of test kitchen.
- Gather documentation for ingredients related to project work such as ingredient spec, food safety documentation etc.
- Provide technical documentation (including research reports and presentation content) for foundational research, characterization testing, and application work.
- Work within the R&D team to meet project milestones.
- Create and maintain ingredient and recipe profiles using Genesis software.
- Support customer inquiries, application development requests, and visits (on or off-site)
- Provide Technical training to PURIS employees on PURIS ingredients and applications, as necessary.
- Provide findings and analysis with insights, research, and commercial brand to develop short and long-term testing programs for experimental and commercial products and IP generation.
- Collaborate and build partnership with sales, business management, and marketing professionals to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities.
- Strictly Adhering to GMP and other safety regulations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in food science, Meat Science, Engineering, Chemistry, or related field with minimum 3 years relevant work experience in food industry.
- Master’s in food science, Meat Science, Engineering, Chemistry, or related field with preferred 1-year relevant work experience in food industry.
- Proficient in Computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office applications
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Travel: up to 20%
- Must be able to travel, on occasion, to PURIS manufacturing sites
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended workdays to include loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to lift 25 to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand for sit or stand for extended periods of time
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.