The Service Manager will supervise, lead and coordinate a technical service team ensuring that the staff is technically competent, efficient, accurate, and customer friendly. The service team is responsible for executing MoboTrex's service activities including a technical call center, field service, contract maintenance, turn-on assistance and system integration. As part of the leadership team, the Service Manager will provide ideas, suggestions and strategies to achieve the company’s visions, goals and objectives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Hire, develop, train and supervise a team of service professionals including traffic signal technicians and computer technicians with skills in computers, computer networks and communications networks and the field devices used in the traffic control industry.
2. Prioritize, organize and schedule the flow of work and assign staff accordingly.
3. Establish, maintain and supervise a support contact center that serves as a single point of contact for technical support.
4. Maintain emergency field service readiness for all of MoboTrex’s geographical regions.
5. Establish and measure performance expectations and technical certifications for all positions.
6. Establish, measure and communicate company service performance metrics.
7. Identify trends and recommend adjustments to corporate strategy in the market place.
8. Identify department needs as new products or special projects are defined.
9. Support the Company growth efforts by providing service leadership.
10. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business or IT from an accredited university and 5+ year history of supervisory experience in a technical, IT or industrial product business
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Must have effective oral and writing communication and presentation skills as well as interpersonal skills.
2. Must have knowledge of strategic planning, fundamentals of electronics, team building, change management, project management, ITS experience, and organizational systems awareness.
3. Must be result-oriented, comfortable taking calculated risks, and willing to hold others accountable.
4. Must be able to take personal responsibility and deal with uncertainty.
5. Must be able to persistent, flexible and innovative.
6. Must be able to resolve conflicts.
7. Must have good decision making skills, excellent judgment, and a leadership presence.
Additional Performance Criteria:
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee should also be able to navigate construction sites. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and ability to adjust focus.