We are looking for a Research Scientist – Automated Process Development to support the key high throughput molecular biology reagent production needs in the US Molecular Biology/ Reagent services business unit.
• Team up with other process development scientists to develop automation solutions for high throughput gene synthesis, plasmid, cell/gene based assays and DNA sequence platform.
• Independently managing or providing technical lead to automation related process development and optimization projects
• Program liquid handlers and other lab automation instruments including but not limited to Hamilton, Tecan and Perkin Elmer system to automate proprietary lab/ manufacturing protocols and manage the automated systems performance enabling maximum machine efficiencies.
• Recommend solutions to the internal stakeholders to comply with and maintaining the current industry standard of the automation systems, as needful.
• Leading, supporting, and performing investigations relating to gene synthesis and plasmid manufacturing deviations in terms of integrated automation systems in a robust production environment.
• Act as SME, and provide technical support on laboratory automated equipment in synthetic biology production platform.
• Lead other laboratory automation projects as directed by the upper management and business needs.
• Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
• Other assignments from managers/ supervisors as needful.
• Ph.D., MS or BS in Biology/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biomedical Instrumentation/ Bioengineering Discipline or related subjects with 1 (for MS candidates), or 3 (for BS candidates) years of appropriate industry/ working experience. Fresh Ph.D.’s with relevant expertise and experience acquired in graduate school dissertation project are welcome to apply.
• Experience scripting liquid handlers using control software including Tecan Fluentcontrol, Hamilton Microlab Prep or Perkin Elmer plate::works or other similar laboratory automation platforms are highly desired.
• Solid knowledge of molecular biology industry workflow for gene synthesis platform including (but not necessarily limited to) gene assembly, cloning, plasmid manipulation, and sequencing procedure are plus
• Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels
• Experience in Microsoft Office especially excel is highly desirable
• Critical thinker, detail oriented and is able to follow SOPs
Flexible to night/weekend shifts