Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. We don’t rest once we’ve created the best—we exist to make life for pets and pet parents endlessly better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate Team Members.
The Buyer will support purchasing, inventory management, cost negotiations, and supplier management functions for their assigned supply base.
What You'll Do:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Develops and maintains a material plan by using historical data and future forecasts
- Places orders and monitors delivery timing to ensure delivery when needed along with implementing programs to ensure reliable supply with minimal on hand inventory
- Has an understanding of the entire supply chain on components to understand the impact of supply disruptions upstream from our supplier
- Communicates commodity trends that impact assigned components
- Assists in the cycle count process and other inventory validation processes
- Acts as a liaison between suppliers and internal customers to maintain strong working relationships
- Processes daily inventory type transactions within SAP Business 1 MRP system
- Participates in company efforts to improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Will collaborate with Operations and Quality to resolve supply related issues
- Hands on participation in fact finding and issue resolution
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You'll Bring:
- BA in related field or equivalent work experience in purchasing
- Experience in International Supply Chain Management and relationship building with International suppliers
- History of supplier relationship building and complex supply chain management
- Must possess advanced computer skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Strong Knowledge of MS Excel, SAP Business 1
- Skilled in data analysis presenting of data
- Ability to perform critical thinking and problem solving in a fast paced environment
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to provide a working atmosphere that is positive and productive
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.