About the Organization
Canal Alliance is a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment. Every day, we educate, empower, support, and partner with motivated immigrants to best meet all their unique needs – from putting food on the table, to becoming American citizens, to graduating from college.
The Social Services Senior Manager oversees a portion of the Social Services department, which includes the Immediate Needs team and the Client Success team. They ensure that all clients receive appropriate social services, including information/referral, advocacy, basic needs, financial literacy education, food pantry services, housing, employment and legal referral. The role supervises the delivery of services and oversees the development and maintenance of the services program—including program policies and procedures, assessment and intervention tools. They work within a committed multidisciplinary department, which includes teams that support clients’ immediate needs, financial assistance, newly-arrived youth wrap-around services, and behavioral health. This role also supports the professional development of a diverse and committed staff under their oversight.
- Responsible for overseeing the Crisis Intervention team which offers case management and food pantry services to individuals experiencing multiple challenges related to poverty, healthcare, food and job security, etc.
- Supervision of management in case management (immediate needs) and client success teams.
- Ensure provision of current information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy to assist clients in accessing local services and resources.
- Develop and update assessments for clients in the following areas: income, housing, education, work readiness and immigration readiness.
- Ensure staff assesses and documents if clients are interested in and eligible for a long-term commitment to attaining English fluency, legal status, and/or the next level of education.
- Monitor progress towards client goals towards achieving agency-wide outcomes and continuous improvement of agency performance, and monitor quantitative and qualitative data.
- Mentoring and coaching team members and fueling their professional growth.
- Serve as Canal Alliance representative at inter- and intra-agency meetings as needed.
- Maintain records and data for evaluation purposes. Develop and maintain working relationships with community agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
*Our offices have been updated to support staff and client health and well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates should be very comfortable navigating both hardware and software that allows for smooth in-person and remote communications and transitions. In accordance to public health orders and protocols, this position will operate in a hybrid capacity, with some in-office requirements. Canal Alliance will supply all the hardware needed for this position.
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits with a salary range from 75k-80k. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation a year, 12 days of sick leave a year, a voluntary vision plan and 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance as well as long term disability and an employee assistance program. In addition, there are at least 10 paid holidays annually, a 403(b)-retirement plan and a Flex cafeteria plan.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following required: Education, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavioral Health, Public health, or Counseling
- Master’s degree on Social Work, Public Health or similar areas desirable.
- 3+ experience working as a supervisor/manager
Qualifications- Skills and Knowledge
- Bilingual in Spanish/English desirable
- Proficiency in community resources, public social service and assistance programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in casework principles and techniques.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in active listening, empathy, client centered, strength-based case management
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, follow directions, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage stressful situations effectively
- Ability to get along with people and establish cooperative working relationships with staff at all levels both within and outside the department
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, presentation and e-mail software
- Strong technical skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).