A Solutions Analyst with Franklin Madison is responsible for a broad range of tasks on projects including, but not limited to: business analysis, assisting the Project Management & Quality Assurance team, coordinating development of communication related to technologies delivered by IT team. This role will apply knowledge of business process analysis and design to solve client needs. This role will partner with business owners to deliver technology solutions and will partner with other members of the IT team to develop process improvements that result in more streamlined and effective project processes.
An ideal candidate for this role will understand the technology and information needs of the business, allowing them to determine which internal and vendor technology solutions are the right solutions for business needs. Working independently, or with a team of colleagues, they design, recommend, plan, develop and support implementation of project-specific IT solutions to meet tactical and strategic business and IT goals. This is a highly visible role communicating with employees on various levels within the organization.
- Act as an IT contact/interface to the business and are able to translate business requests into technical solutions.
- Work with your Solution Manager to develop business requirements by interviewing Subject Matter Experts, gaining an understanding of the technology that will be used to provide the solution and documenting requirements.
- Develop Functional Specifications and Designs as needed.
- Develop workflow and content management systems, stand-alone applications, customer support, business requirements gathering, and solution design.
- Assist in developing test plans for new solutions and certifying test results; execute test scripts as needed to ensure quality.
- May assist with other teams to ensure all project deliverables and outcomes are implemented on time, on budget, and within scope to meet the expectations of the project sponsor and owner.
- Employ proper management in the areas of project scope, schedule/time, finance, quality, resource, communication, risk, and procurement for successful project outcomes.
- Develop recommendations, action plans and necessary documentation following the approved project methodology.
- Ensure that the business cases for initiatives are within strategic IT Plan.
- Work with assigned technical resources to develop and document technical specifications.
- Work with business sponsors to ensure that appropriate approvals are gathered at appropriate tollgates.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Travel on an a-need basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-6 years as a Business and/or Business Systems Analyst.
- Demonstrated experience with business processes and prior use of a project management system.
- Prior experience in a software or technology organization; experience in higher education or with academic technology is strongly desired.
- Experience with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Word, and Jira required.
- Experience supporting projects of high levels of complexity.
- Experience working in an environment which follows a structured development process.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical team members.