Supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This position is responsible for the cleanliness, physical appearance and appeal of the YMCA facility. Keep building in clean and orderly condition. Perform cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing trash. Supports the strategic direction while exemplifying the Y’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Physical upkeep of the property /custodial duties.
- Perform routine cleaning of the interior of the building.
- Complete work stated on written checklist daily
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums floors using cleaning solutions, tools, and equipment.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Clean windows and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Mix water and detergents in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Performs the necessary room set-ups for scheduled meetings.
- Notify managers concerning the need for repairs.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Cleans walkways, parking lots, and steps.
- Request supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- FREE Membership to the Y
- Flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- 401a retirement plan with company match, plus option to contribute to a 403b retirement savings account
- The opportunity to work for a mission-driven organization and to make a real difference in the lives of others in your community
- All full-time positions: Health, dental, supplemental insurances, life insurances. Generous personal time off policies.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of prior experience in housekeeping/cleaning.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning methods and products.
- In accordance with the Keene Family YMCA’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a vaccination policy.
- All employees and volunteers that are approved to receive the COVID-19 vaccine are required to do so unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- All positions require passing a background check.
The Keene Family YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status.