- Manage the daily operations of the medical legal analysts to assure all client commitments are met.
- Provide leadership and monitor accountability consistent with the mission and vision of the organization.
- Achieve/possess complete working knowledge of all work products for their area of responsibility.
- Solve problems, challenge the status quo, and make decisions with an external client-focus.
- Identify and initiate the development of new work products and services to drive growth. Identify ways to differentiate Excelas from competitors.
- Continually investigate, introduce, and implement process improvement measures to maximize work product productivity and optimize workflow while bringing value and quality to the client.
- Build rapport within and between teams at Excelas in order to achieve company and client goals.
- Engage in discussions about industry trends and present thoughtful suggestions of new opportunities to assist our clients and attract new clients.
- Perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively drive results and inspire peak performance within the medical division:
Evaluate staffing levels and plan to meet and exceed client commitments.
Evaluate and select top talent for open positions.
Participate in goal setting based upon department and position objectives and the strategic plan.
Evaluate employee performance, both formally and informally, and provide feedback.
Recognize employees on an ongoing basis.
Recommend salary adjustments, transfers, promotions, and dismissals.
Ensure proper training of all department employees and provide cross-training opportunities.
Develop individuals for future advancement.
Conduct team meetings – prepare an agenda and document proceedings.
Develop and track key performance indicators for areas of responsibility, generating reports on a regular basis.
Prepare management metrics and report at weekly and monthly meetings.
- Oversee the maintenance and documentation of client-specific guidelines, current department guidelines, and training materials and assure they are followed consistently.
- Manage departmental Quality Assurance programs. Develop corrective action for areas of identified deficiencies.
- Perform all essential functions of the medical legal analyst, as necessary.
- Work closely with IT consultants to address computer-related issues and assist with training, guidance, and support for Zaxas and other computer applications. Evaluate and make recommendations for system enhancements.
- Participate in staff meetings, management meetings and strategic planning sessions, creating and implementing tactical plans.
- Prepare departmental updates for the employee newsletter and monthly staff meetings.
- Manage specials projects as they relate to the medical division including but not limited to their requirements, documentation, coordination, samples, reporting, and analysis.
- Participate in self-evaluation based on job objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Manager, Clinical Operations must have Bachelor’s degree; a Master’s degree is preferred. A minimum of 10 years of previous experience in nursing, allied health or medical/legal analysis is required. The Manager, Clinical Operations will have a minimum of five years of leadership experience; experience managing projects with increasing responsibility; strong analytical skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent problem-solving skills; and the ability to think strategically and act tactically.
The Manager, Clinical Operations must be highly motivated and be capable of leadership by example. The successful candidate must possess superior computer skills and proficiency in working in a Microsoft Windows platform.