Cabinet Installation and Testing Technician
MoboTrex engineers, manufactures, and sells a wide range of standard and custom traffic control products across America. MoboTrex has an opportunity to join our growing organization as a full-time Cabinet Installation and Testing Technician at our location in Austin, TX. Under the direction of the Test Supervisor, the primary objective is to perform the final assembly and final enclosure quality checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Read point-to-point electrical diagrams, bills of materials (BOM’s) and other production instructions.
2. Interpret the available information and assemble traffic control cabinets.
3. Test and troubleshoot assembled cabinets. Sign and assume responsibility for final inspection certificates.
4. Cut to length, strip and crimp wire.
5. Use powered and unpowered hand tools such as screwdrivers, drill motors, wire cutters, crimpers, wrenches, shear and powered saws.
6. Accurately eliminate and route wires at the designated locations as described by an electrical diagram.
7. Solder wires to specified points.
8. Complete inventory tracking and quality control paperwork.
9. Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
10. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates Degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology or a related field; or High school diploma/GED and equivalent experience proving the understanding of electrical schematics and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is required to use hands repetitively. Intermittently, the employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3:30 pm. Occasional overtime may be required.
We are looking for someone who has a strong combination of people, verbal and technical skills which will enable the candidate to answer technical questions, communicate, and interact with a variety of people and departments. We are a growing company that needs employees who strive for excellence and understand that our ability to assist our customers, both internal and external, is a cornerstone to our continued growth and development. MoboTrex offers competitive pay, a full benefits package, and an enjoyable work environment.