About United Insurance Counselors:
United Insurance Counselors has served the Quad Cities area since 1872. Since that time, we've added several key team members who bring valuable insights to our customers to help them find the right insurance services for their personal life or their business.
We would love to talk to you!
Account Manager Job Details:
-Full benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, 401k, and more!
** The salary range for this position is dependent on candidate experience **
Account Manager Position Summary:
The Account Manager's job is to perform duties and maintain quality service to our risk management accounts – it will require working with clients, insurance companies, and producer(s).
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Account Managers accurately manage client accounts and ensure all deadlines are met
- Assist producer in marketing, quoting, and placing new business and/or renewal business
- Account Managers prepare renewals of insurance
- Communicate and partner with insurance companies to ensure we are meeting on the client expectations
- Account Managers seek opportunities and take steps to increase knowledge of industry, regulatory requirements, tools and resources available to assist clients
- Collect and report information from client to ensure we are assisting in minimizing exposures
- Communicate with clients and answer questions regarding their policies and/or services
- Account Managers build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with clients, both internal and external
- Account Managers maintain confidentiality of client and company information
- Perform other duties as assigned appropriate to the position
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- College level business courses preferred
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the insurance industry preferred
- P&C Insurance licenses required or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment; will maintain annually
- Proficient or able to quickly learn and utilize Microsoft Office and other applications to maximize efficiency and function in a paper free environment.
- Customer service experience or support, preferably in insurance industry