ASL VERSION: https://youtu.be/UyI2OeUndys
Full time- Exempt/Salary
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Housing Resources Available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits include: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and Disability Insurance; Employer-Matching 403B; Sick/Personal/Vacation Time; Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
The Learning Center for the Deaf is on a journey to create an inclusive and welcoming space for people of all backgrounds. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates our TLC community members' diverse narratives. We embrace and value multiple approaches, experiences, and perspectives. TLC believes that diversity fosters innovation. We are committed to cultivating a place where everyone can feel they belong.
The Learning Center for the Deaf is a nationally-recognized leader of services for deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and families. To learn more, click here.
For our Mission, click here.
Located on a 14-acre campus in Framingham, Massachusetts, TLC is the largest provider of services to deaf and hard of hearing children, and the largest employer of the deaf in New England.
The Employee Experience Specialist is tasked with supporting all of TLC’s People experience initiatives, ranging from specific one-time projects to annual events, including employee surveys, performance management, employee milestones, and retention initiatives. This position reports directly to the Chief People Officer.
The Employee Experience Specialist is expected to work with our employees to ensure that they feel welcome and valued while fostering authentic experience in their day-to-day work environment. To accomplish this, the right individual will be an active and engaged listener for all employees and partners. Through these relationships, our goals include strengthened sense of belonging, consideration of the full employee journey, nurtured relationships, empowered employees, and improved communication, recruitment, retention and productivity.
In addition, by leveraging business insights and strong stakeholder relationships, the Employee Experience Specialist will infuse all of TLC’s equity and inclusion initiatives to support the overall process for people services delivery experience.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountability for the delivery for consistency and efficient service for the employee lifecycle and employee engagement events, as well as processes and initiatives to support delivery of the People/HR Strategy;
- Supporting all operational activity by building and maintaining key relationships across the organization to ensure a great delivery experience;
- Build and maintain relationships with speciality areas to effect mutual end to end understanding of key people deliverables and processes;
- Share internal and external business and employee experience knowledge across the wider People teams to provide 'best practice' advice in partnership with communication and marketing teams;
- Analyze People metrics to monitor and proactively manage people-related key performance indicators, and make recommendations for improvement and management (e.g., sickness, attrition, engagement, employee relations case management etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Proven generalist HR experience in a fast moving and agile environment;
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous improvement with a high degree of initiative;
- Resiliency and comfort with taking ownership;
- Experience of facilitating and using data to influence decision making;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills with the ability to value perspectives that may differ from one’s own.
- Fluency in American Sign Language and familiarity with Deaf Culture;
- Ability to build valuable stakeholders relationships.
This position will be open until filled.