The Quality Technician tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Has an eye for color, finish, hardness, density or any other measurable characteristic of material.
- Works with Management to define Quality Standards which the product and processes must meet.
- Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments, including electronic devices and complex testing equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Education, Training or Experience
- Must be fully trained and able to perform assigned job tasks in the assigned department.
- Minimum of 18 months of related experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read measurement tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Employees must be able to cope with Iowa climates; endure heat and cold conditions in the building. Fast paced workloads and moderate noise levels are normal. Paint fumes and exposure to chemicals associated may be present. Personal Protective Equipment as required by OSHA will be provided by the Company.