Remote possible. Boston, MA or Boulder/Denver, CO preferred
We are a rapidly growing technology company providing electric utilities with the real-time monitoring and analytics needed to secure the future of the grid. Our patented non-contact sensors collect critical information to unlock additional capacity on existing lines, provide insight into conductor health, and detect anomalies and risks. The platform is rapidly deployed at scale without the need for scheduled outages, live line work, or specialized installation equipment. We are helping our utility partners around the world lead the energy transition by increasing the capacity, resilience, and safety of the grid.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to help envision and build an enterprise-class network architecture that spans our IoT network of sensors, our AWS and Azure cloud environments, and our utility customers’ cloud and on-premise environments in a manner that meets the energy industry’s stringent security requirements.
What will you do?
You will have primary responsibility for:
- Designing, planning and implementing secure, private communication pathways from our global network of IoT devices to our AWS and Azure cloud environments.
- Engaging with customers to design and implement data integration pathways between their cloud or on-premise SCADA environments and our cloud platform.
- Leading the selection of network technologies and defining standards.
- Acting as the technical lead for networking and providing guidance and training to others across the Engineering organization.
- Evaluation and selection of software and professional services vendors.
- Managing the maintenance and security of our satellite and LTE service providers for IoT communications.
- Using Infrastructure as Code (TerraForm) to implement and maintain all networking components in our AWS and Azure cloud environments, including VPNs, ALBs, VPCs, SFTP/FTP, Firewalls, Subnets, Security Groups.
- Testing and deploying network infrastructure code via our CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins) in a manner that adheres to our Change Management procedures and maintains the security, availability and scalability of our cloud environment.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools.
- Implementing security controls and adhering to ISO 27001 standards and best practices.
- Communicating our network architecture and strategy effectively to internal and external stakeholders
In this role you will get to:
- Enable the development of a leading edge Grid Enhancing Technology at the forefront of the clean energy revolution.
- Develop expertise in NERC CIP Standards and the networking and security concerns being addressed in the energy sector.
- Work with utility customers through their technical and security challenges while embracing cloud technologies.
- Develop and sustain multiple secure, resilient, and highly available networks to support mission critical operations.
- Work with a team of smart, motivated, collaborative teammates on a common mission.
- Serve as the networking subject matter expert within LineVision and with our electric utility customers.
- Help develop network monitoring, alerting, and logging systems allowing LineVision to provide an industry standard of operational excellence.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience designing, implementing, monitoring and troubleshooting global, regional and disconnected networks.
- Familiarity with a broad range of networking technologies, including LTE, Satellite, VPN, ALB, VPC, SFTP, Firewalls, Subnets and Security Groups.
- Ability to communicate your vision clearly and impactfully with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience designing and implementing network technologies in AWS, Azure, on-premise physical environments, and IoT devices.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (experience with Terraform a plus).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and working with Agile teams using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Deep satisfaction from automating and documenting processes that enable secure and scalable growth.
- Desire to work closely with teammates in a positive, collaborative, supportive work environment.
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Growth. You play a leadership role in the creation of an enterprise-class cloud platform, and gain experience with a range of customer technologies and networking environments.
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Compensation. You are vested in a high-potential success story, with competitive compensation, benefits, and comprehensive PTO and leave policies, complemented by stock options in a high-growth company with world-class venture capital backing
Who we are...
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
If you are a Colorado resident, Please email us at email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job title in the subject line of the email.
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.