As a member of our Global Partnerships team, the Director of Global Partnerships will be responsible for the management of driving news business development. This position will work hand in hand with the Vice President and Senior Vice President of Global Partnerships to build sponsorship strategy and cultivate c-level relationships to bring value and profitability to OVG. We are looking for hard-working, creative individuals who have a passion for sports and entertainment.
Suitable for the role are commercially aggressive professionals who have a track record in the sponsorship space of delivering high value deals with creative activation strategies intertwined. Strong candidates will possess high level commercial relationships across North America amongst brands, agencies, leagues and properties utilizing them to expand OVG’s business interests. In this start-up environment, candidates who can demonstrate entrepreneurial prowess will be favorable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Vice President of OVG Global Partnerships to help develop a strategic plan to drive revenue for Moody Center and any new projects that are assigned to the Austin Office.
- Prospect, develop and sell new integrated business partnerships to accomplish individual sales goals.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all OVG GP Clients and OVG properties/initiatives and be able to work toward integrating, aligning, and executing the Global Partnerships team sales goals
- Work with the full Global Partnerships team to identify and create partnership assets for designated OVG properties
- Develop innovative platforms and programs to drive incremental revenue for OVG;
- Collaborate in the creation of sales materials.
- Create and effectively maintain reporting documents in an organized manner; Develop and track new revenue pipeline to present to senior leadership, ownership, etc. on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Monitor relevant market developments in the entertainment/sporting industry.
- Attend networking and promotional events to develop and maintain contact with potential clients and professional partners.
- Must have the ability to network and create relationships while working efficiently in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Minimum 10% travel expected.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- 7-13 years of professional sponsorship experience in a high-performance sales environment; Sports, Entertainment and/or Arena Industry experience preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dynamic, forward-thinking, extremely analytical and well organized.
- Must have strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong natural selling skills with proven experience in pitch and strategic positioning.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word); Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Kore
- Must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment which will enable him/her to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals outside.
- Must possess problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise. When necessary, he/she will be a strong and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations as well as sophisticated business situations.
- Must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non- verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills.
- Must produce results and be bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values.
- Professional appearance, attitude and communication skills as well as the ability to work with others are required.
- Experienced with the development and execution of dynamic and effective platforms.
- Familiarity with the standard demographic research & analytics tools (i.e.- Scarborough, Repucom, Zoominfo, SponsorUnited, You Gov, etc.) and ability to derive insights from the data.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.