Linda Hall Library is seeking a part-time Parking Attendant to join our team.
The Linda Hall Library is one of the world’s foremost independent research libraries devoted to science, engineering, and technology. Through the Library’s collections, programming, and strategic partnerships, the Linda Hall Library brings science to life in new and relevant ways to help others better understand the world in which they live. A nonprofit, privately funded institution, the Library is open to the public free of charge.
Reporting to the Head of Grounds, the Parking Attendant assists in monitoring visitor traffic and assisting in the basic upkeep of the Library grounds.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Monitor automobile traffic at parking lot entrance
- Explain and enforce Linda Hall Library parking regulations
- Direct traffic to alternate parking locations
- Assist with after hour event parking
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous outdoor work experience and experience interacting with public is desirable
- Attention to Detail: Follows policies, procedure, safety, and security measures in using various equipment. Work requires little or no checking.
- Initiative: Requires minimum supervision and is self-directed within the scope of their accountabilities.
- Teamwork: Participates actively in accomplishing group goals, doing their share willingly.
- Flexibility: Alters normal procedures to fit a specific situation to get a job done and/or meet goals. Understands other points of view.
- Diversity: Understands and respects practices, customs, values, and norms of other individuals and/or groups. Demonstrates appreciation of the unique contributions of other individuals and peers. Behavior and actions show investment in the institution’s commitment to diversity.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods
- Working alone for extended periods of time
- Work is performed outside in varying weather conditions
- Ability to work outside standard work hours as needed