The National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA) is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified Research & Data Manager to help lead NDIA’s expanding portfolio of research and data work. A strong candidate will possess the right combination of technical expertise, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and self-motivation; and will have a passion for using data to understand and support digital inclusion efforts, with a particular focus on promoting racial and social equity.
Comfort with gathering, manipulating, and drawing insights from a wide range of datasets and formats is a must. NDIA’s research and data work is rooted in practical applications, and directly supports policy recommendations, advocacy, and the development of resources for digital inclusion practitioners, making the ability to contextualize and communicate findings critical to the role.
Increasingly, our work incorporates the development of online tools to effectively deliver information and resources to our audiences, so experience creating online data resources, web development, and data visualization tools is also ideal.
Strong candidates who meet some but not all of the skill or experience qualifications for the Research & Data Manager position are encouraged to apply and may be considered for a Research & Data Associate position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as project lead for NDIA research and data projects - including developing and managing project scopes and schedules, ensuring deadlines and deliverable commitments are met, managing project work and delegating tasks to team members as needed.
- Maintain and build-out NDIA’s internal and publicly-facing data resources, including data collection, organization, analysis, and communication of key findings.
- With the Director of Research & Programs, develop and implement NDIA’s research agenda.
- Provide data collection, analysis, and visualization support to team members for NDIA projects, publications, presentations, and proposals.
- Remain current with the growing body of digital inclusion data and research; and develop new data analyses and research methods to inform the work of digital inclusion practitioners, policymakers, and funders.
- Represent NDIA in meetings, presentations, and conferences both remotely and in-person.
- Create resources to facilitate data collection and research by digital inclusion practitioners and community-based organizations.
- Respond to NDIA affiliate requests for guidance and information about digital inclusion data and research.
- Communicate about digital inclusion data and research to the NDIA community through various methods including blog posts, listserv emails, webinars, and developing website content as needed.
- Assist with staffing of events including the annual Net Inclusion Conference as requested.
- Assist with other tasks as needed.
- Proven experience as program manager, including experience planning programs and projects from start to completion, delegating tasks, setting deadlines and milestones.
- Experience applying a range of statistical analyses to practical decision-making contexts
- Coding skills for data collection, processing, analysis, and visualization (e.g., Python, R)
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS software, geospatial data, and web-mapping platforms (e.g., ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS, file geodatabases)
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills and genuine enthusiasm about pushing technical limits and finding creative solutions
- Demonstrated process-oriented approach to work, and an ability to bring clarity and direction to ambiguous assignments
- Good organizational, leadership, and communication skills and a positive approach to working with peers and external partners
- Expert self starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of work
Additional Desired Skills (like-to-haves):
- Prior work experience in digital inclusion research and data analysis
- Proven experience as program manager or other managerial position
- Knowledge of web-based data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, D3, Google Charts) and data visualization design principles
- Experience developing and maintaining cloud-based data management systems
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Salary:
Research & Data Manager - $69,000 - $83,000;
Research & Data Associate - $48,000-$63,000
- Health Insurance Offer
- 401k With Employer Matching Contribution
- Flexible Work Schedule
To apply for this job please upload a resume and cover letter.
One of the digital inclusion field’s greatest strengths is the diversity of those doing the work and of the people we serve, and to best support the field, NDIA strives to reflect that diversity. Our work is made better when our team can draw on a wide range of personal experiences and backgrounds, and when each member is open to learning from the experiences of others, both internally and externally.