Recognized as one of the leaders in managing multifamily, industrial, and retail properties in the Pacific Northwest, Tarragon Property Services L.L.C. (TPS) is a locally owned property management company with more than 35 years of experience. Through our affiliated companies, our owners develop the properties we manage, which support our long-term investment in the communities where our residents live, work and play. We strive to build lasting value and relationships for several generations.
The Residential Operations Manager has the primary responsibility to drive value through effective leadership, financial oversight, organizational and innovative business strategies of the multifamily residential portfolio. This includes the performance of stabilized real estate assets, the lease-up of new properties under development, and repositioning older assets to be more competitive in their local submarkets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and drive improvement of the business and its systems.
- Identify opportunities to streamline current processes, policies, and procedures.
- Lead implementation of new products or systems to ensure a smooth and effective transition.
- Develop short and long-term goals that include team evolution and development.
- Build a diverse organization that values, respects, and taps into different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assist the VP of Residential Property Management to optimize property revenues and manage operating expenses.
- Work with Regional Managers to create the annual budgets for the multifamily portfolio.
- Drive performance of the portfolio through the analysis of financial statements, monthly financial reviews, and establish and report on property metrics.
- Keep informed of market conditions, understand competitive pricing, and utilize appropriate marketing resources.
- Supervise the Operations team, including assigned Regional Managers, Director of Maintenance, and Training and Quality Assurance Manager.
- Collaborate with VP of Residential Property Management and HR team to enhance employee recruitment, retention, and development programs.
- Hire, train, mentor and develop team members through effective people management in a positive, growth-oriented environment.
- Identify opportunities for inter-department collaboration and effectively build relationships to facilitate cross-functional teams.
- Other responsibilities as determined by Vice President of Residential Property Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of progressive multifamily property management experience.
- 5+ years of team leadership and people management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Real Estate.
- Extensive experience in Yardi and its accounting and property management modules.
- Relevant industry designation (CAM, CPM, etc.) and active involvement with associations (NAA, WMFHA, IREM, etc.) a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Yardi and RentMax; Experience with Avid preferred.
- Must be an exceptional strategic leader with a strong ownership mindset to consistently and proactively seek ways to grow and improve the business.
- Strong financial analysis skills, including developing and managing budgets & reading and understanding financial statements.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with direct reports and peers, with a track record of employee engagement, development, and growth; Models inclusive behaviors.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent writing, presenting, and public speaking abilities.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry regulations, trends, and practices.
- Must have a reliable car, valid Washington State driver’s license (or ability to obtain one prior to job commencement), a clean driving record and proof of valid insurance; Able to travel to all residential properties.
WHY WORK FOR TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
Tarragon Property Services will require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of employment – not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs with TPS.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.