BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
We have a rapidly growing team of experts intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture. We are an energetic, driven and welcoming group of people looking for individuals to help us build the right team to support us in meeting our goals.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and high-integrity. We don’t just want to do business, we want to do good business. Because of our commitment to B Corp Certification we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a People Manager report to the Chief of Staff/Managing Director of Civic Engagement & People. As the People Manager, your responsibilities include serving as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The People Manager is also responsible for talent acquisition, benefits administration, HRIS maintenance and administration, training, succession planning, employee relations, AA/EEO compliance, and completing personnel transactions.
We Seek a highly motivated, creative and qualified candidate to not only support BlueWave's immediate traditional human resource business needs, but also help guide us in becoming a best-in-class organization. This person will be hyper-focused on fostering an environment where BlueWavers feel valued, supported and engaged.
Is this you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all employees; assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and other people policies;
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems;
• Prepares and sends offer letters to candidates and handles new hire onboarding (to include—initiating employee background checks, coordinating internally with IT/office manager, benefits administration, etc.)
• Administers the annual review process, including: serving as system administrator, analyze and run status reports, facilitate Goals & Objectives training, work with leadership to ensure timely completion of annual reviews
• Primary administrator and SME for HRIS/Payroll System to include—system maintenance, fielding general inquiries, employee record administration and onboarding, performance management module administration, compensation changes/updates, and reconciling data with Payroll team as needed,
• Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees;
• Conducts recruitment efforts and sources for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; assists in coordinating interviews; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places advertisements
• Compiles and analyzes employee reports/data
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing;
• Processes voluntary and involuntary terminations and offboards employees
• Uses social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates;
• Provides day to day performance management guidance to managers (including coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions);
• Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
• Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of Human Resources experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills
• Extensive knowledge of applicant tracking software programs
• General knowledge of compensation and benefit plans
• Solid understanding of employment laws and practices
• Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork
• Experience with online job searching websites and other candidate sources
• Some experience with payroll administration/payroll systems preferred but not required