The Vice President of Alliance Programming (VPAP) is responsible for program design and implementation in our reimagined Alliance community, the centerpiece of America’s Promise Alliance’s new 5-year strategic plan. Our Alliance community brings together the most inspiring youth-supporting organizations working in education, in workforce development, and in our democracy. Reporting to the CEO, this position is an exciting opportunity to foster deeper collaboration and coordination in the youth-supporting sector, while working directly with the senior leadership teams of the top nonprotfits in the country.
Our reimagined Alliance launches this year with 50 organizations and 250 leaders. Year 1 program offerings include: leadership cohorts, strategic support, knowledge sharing programming, capacity building programming, shared research, and systemic change coalitions. Each member organization enrolls up to five senior leaders in the community. Alliance programming is designed to leverage the collective wisdom and power that exists among these leaders and organizations to (1) help individual organizations improve, (2) to launch new collaborations among organizations, and (3) to form powerful coalitions in pursuit of specific policy and practice change.
In its 25th year, America’s Promise Alliance is at a pivotal and exciting stage in its evolution, launching a comprehensive next chapter and new strategy. Learn more about our reimagined Alliance community here and access the complete 2022-2026 strategic plan here.
The VPAP will be responsible for the design and implementation of programming that is responsive to the needs of our member organizations and that maximizes impact for the communities they serve. This includes the implementation of our Year One programming calendar and the design of new program offerings over time. This is inclusive of:
- Annual Programming Calendar
- Leadership Cohorts
- Strategic Support
- Knowledge Sharing Series (Community Collaborations)
- Capacity Building Programming (Program Tracks)
Location, Compensation, & Benefits
- APA’s team is searching for the best talent regardless of location, as such please note that APA’s team is largely remote and location is flexible within the United States.
- Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience with a range of $150,000-180,000.
- America’s Promise Alliance offers a generous benefits package that extends beyond health care coverage to help provide team members with a work-life balance that includes professional development, retirement savings, self-managed vacation, and more.