Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
As the Quality Engineer you will be the gatekeeper for all incoming parts from our trusted suppliers. You will also be responsible for our internal quality processes to ensure our pawsome Team Members are consistently using quality best practices and every Litter-Robot and other Whisker products are perfect every time.
- Ensures the appropriate quality plans are followed and implemented
- Performs independent technical assessment on product quality performance and post-market product quality analysis
- Develops & administers quality related project plans and schedules
- Leads quality related problem solving and root cause analysis
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Uses post-market analytics and statistics to report on product quality performance in the field (provide feedback to manufacturing, suppliers or design teams) and initiates field actions when required
- Provides technical advice and guidance to suppliers in order to reduce defect rate
- Serves as a liaison between vendors and Whisker management to identify quality issues and develop solutions
- Reviews and approves supplier PPAP documentation
- Creates internal PPAP documentation
- Works with Design Team / Product Engineers to understand and create quality control objectives
- Responsible for performing timely, quality engineering tasks:
- Assessing quality plans and product designs
- Reviewing test and other performance data
- Analyses of market feedback
- Leading root cause analysis and quality problem solving
- Executes risk management activities, product failure rate and reliability estimations
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, Engineering highly preferred
- 3+ years of Quality Engineering experience in a high volume production environment, preferably within consumer electronics
- Experience Independently producing and completing Quality Engineering Documents
- Experience working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
- Experience managing quality engineering milestones for 3-5 new products per year
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
Not Required but Nice to Have!
- Not required to have pets but highly recommended!
- Previous experience in plastic injection molding and printed circuit board manufacturing
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity: We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.