Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate team members.
This full time role will either be Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm EST or Tuesday - Saturday 9:00am - 5:30pm EST or Sunday - Thursday 9am - 5:30pm EST. The shift will be confirmed prior to the first interview.
What You’ll Do:
The Whisker Social Media Specialist is empowered to provide a phenomenal customer experience to pet parents worldwide. The Product Specialist will answer customer questions and troubleshoot technical product inquires. You will leave a lasting impression by providing solutions in a quick, thoughtful and memorable way.
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for communicating with customers via social media platforms, reviews, emails, and chats while partnering with the marketing team to create a social media presence representing the Whisker brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Brings a “Customer Comes First” mentality every day
- Utilizes effective communication techniques to seamlessly handle and resolve customer conflict using good judgment in a professional and friendly manner
- Manages all customer queries, concerns, and comments posted to the company's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube and TikTok accounts; as well as responding to any company/product reviews
- Caring for customer interactions via outbound calls, and emails
- Liaises with customer service and the marketing team to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Reviews all social media posts for accuracy and ensuring inappropriate content is removed
- Partners with the marketing team to develop comprehensive social media strategies
- Maintains a working knowledge of company products to effectively communicate with customers
- Attends all social media-related meetings as required to represent the company
- Stays informed on social media trends, innovations, and changes
- Strong computer skills including experience with Google Doc and Google Sheets or similar programs
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- Excellent knowledge of social media best practice
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms
- Ability to effectively use a variety of social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+
- Ability to use a variety of review sites, such as TrustPilot and Magento Reviews
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and perform well in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Conflict management skills to balance the needs of the customer with the solutions available while always maintaining a professional composure to ensure de-escalation
- Strong communication skills with external customers as well internal team members and Team Leads
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
- Flexibility to work hours outside of shift and overtime when necessary
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.