ConnectOne Bank proves that putting people first is a better way to do business. At ConnectOne, we’re builders — of businesses, communities, and equity. Most importantly, we’re building opportunities. Our mission is to ensure our employees feel empowered to make important decisions, reach their potential and truly make an impact.
ConnectOne is a growth organization by design; it is part of our DNA and we take pride in seeing our employees grow with us. Founded in 2005 by an entrepreneur, we have grown into a high-performing commercial bank, inspiring a new model for our industry’s future. By embracing technology and all the ways it can help us become a world-class service organization, we support small business owners by fueling their mission.
People First is the blueprint for our culture. It is at the foundation of everything we do and the decisions we make. At ConnectOne, you have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic culture and team. Develop your forward-thinking skills, thrive in an entrepreneurial setting, and succeed at “a better place to be”.
ConnectOne Bank is an Equal Housing and Equal Opportunity Lender, and a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
About this role:
The Client Service Specialist is part of the initial contact team for clients interested in our products and will be responsible for assisting clients in completing applications online and over the phone, addressing questions, resolving client issues, and directing clients to the appropriate department.
In this role you will:
- Support the Bank’s “People First” focus and rules of engagement-maintaining a professional demeanor, working as an active member of the CNOB team, providing all clients excellent service, always striving to make CNOB “A Better Place to Be”.
- Answers phones and listens attentively to customer requests and concerns to provide them with the best and most accurate response.
- Provides customers with product and service information as requested and suggests ways for them to benefit from other CNOB products or services.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves customer issues using the computer system or appropriate literature.
- Escalates customer calls to the appropriate department or staff member as needed.
- Follows-up, in a timely manner and according to established policies and procedures, on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
- Completes call logs and reports accurately and submits to them to the Call Center Manager as directed.
- Recognizes, documents, and alerts the supervisor of trends in customer calls, and makes suggestions to address recurring issues or discrepancies.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State banking regulations.
- Familiarity with Bank security and safety practices.
- Expertise in CNOB products and services.
- Superior listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections or obstacles.
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong influencing and closing skills.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone.
- Strong “People First” interest and ability.
- Analytical skills to conduct evaluation of documents of varying complexity.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly.
- Ability to type 30 wpm+
- Minimum 2 years previous customer service experience in banking required.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- World class health, vision, and dental benefits on day one
- 401k with employer match
- Hybrid work from home (depending on role)
- Employee appreciation events (team building, softball games, food truck days, etc..)
- Employee assistance programs (EAP)
- Wellness programs (flu shot, preventive care, health programs and services discounts, etc..)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Discount perks
- CNOB Community Service Events
….and much, much more!
Studies have shown that individuals from underrepresented groups, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need. We hope you're open to learning new skills and growing with us. We encourage you to apply to continue making us “a better place to be!”
ConnectOne Bank is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
ConnectOne Bank also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.