The Principal Engineer is accountable for supervising and executing late-stage optimization/process development of our LNP formulation pipelines as well as overseeing routing internal production of bulk formulated drug product (<0.5 L). The candidate will also work closely with key external CRO/CDMO partners and internal CMC teams to produce larger scale toxicology batches, initiate and sustain process scale-up as well as clinical manufacturing. The candidate will build and develop a strong team of research associates/engineers within the broader Delivery sub-organization within Arbor, as needed, to enable the design of unit operations/equipment as well as execution of various project deliverables to support the company’s clinical translation of its next-generation in vivo gene editing pipeline. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills and experience in parenteral drug product development.
- Build and provide oversight to a team of research associates/process engineers
- Align with formulation/preclinical team to lead bulk formulated drug product process development with emphasis on process definition, robustness, scale-up and stability.
- Lead the execution of experiments/protocols to produce research-grade and tox-grade bulk formulated drug product and limited optimization of LNP formulations for in vivo delivery of gene editing systems
- Lead the generation of in-house preclinical LNP material and support technology transfer as needed to cGMP manufacturing facilities and other CDMOs
- Work with external partners and with internal/external Analytics team to ensure timeliness and quality of deliverables
- MS/PhD or equivalent in Chemical/Biochemical/Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related discipline
- 5-8 years of experience with parenteral process development/scale-up/optimization/robustness, preferably in lipid nanoparticles systems for RNA/nucleic acids delivery in an industry or industry-like setting
- Experience in mentoring/leading junior engineers
- Innovative and science-driven with excellent communication skills
- Phase-appropriate cGMP experience preferred
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You'll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we're all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing and making available to all patients the next-generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic disease.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.