Under direct supervision of the Director of Marketing & Guest Experience, intern will assist with general aspects of marketing, guest experience, and employee relations. The position requires a commitment of at least 12-16 weeks and shall be for course credit only.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with generating database lists for public relations, marketing, grassroots needs, etc.
- Contribute and assist in the design of digital and traditional marketing initiatives including website, social media, mobile application, collateral, and advertisements.
- Actively help to support the Guest Experience department during events.
- Develop, implement, and manage employee engagement and reward strategies that demonstrate that each individual Team Member matters and is valued by the organization.
- Assist arena event coordinators in establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors, promoters, etc.
- Provide a variety of administrative support such as research, analysis, data input, and meeting planning to the Marketing, Guest Experience, and Operations departments.
Skills and Abilities
- An empathetic servant leader with a passion for serving others.
- A bias for action with the ability to work in changing environments.
- A performance driven individual with a focus on delivering results and on maintaining the highest standards.
- A creative thinker with the ability to implement a vision.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others to drive change.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, guests, employees, and others encountered in the course of the internship.
- Operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office and other standard office equipment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and Experience
Must be attending a college/university and carry a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Experiences with Microsoft Office applications are a must.