Job Description – Assembler
Title – Assembler
Reports to – Director of Engineering
Date Written/Revised – 7/2022
Direct Reports – N/A
Status – Non-Exempt
Objectives of this Role
- Keep a safe work environment, and work in a safe manner.
- Preform a variety of machine assembly operations working from engineering drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills on the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in the use of all hand tools including but not limited to, saws, drills and taps.
- Work as a team in the Assembly function.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the assembly team and its functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or assembly desired
- Machine shop equipment and/or machining methods and blueprint reading experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Ability to operate computer.
· Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard, mouse, and telephone. Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications. Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and transaction documents.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time.
· Ability to perform climbing, stooping, crouching, walking, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
· Executing up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and or 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Close mental and visual requirements needed to perform work dealing primarily with Engineering, management, and manufacturing.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
All employees are responsible for product quality and are required to understand and follow quality system procedures. All employees have the responsibility, organizational freedom, and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.