Northwest Classical Academy seeks a temporary part-time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Resource Room Coordinator at the NCA campus with management of CSP federal funds. This is a temporary position expected to last through mid October 2022. The time commitment for this role is twenty (20) hours per week between the hours of 8:00am and 3:00pm. This position is not eligible for benefits and requires an in-person presence on campus.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inventory and distribute all materials and supplies purchased with CSP funds
- Add new curriculum purchased with CSP funds to inventory system and barcode (BookSys)
- Check out curriculum materials purchased with CSP funds to teachers and deliver to classrooms
- Organize storage of materials and supplies purchased with CSP funds
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience working in an administrative function in a school preferred, but not required
- Ability to lift boxes up to 20 pounds required
- Must be comfortable working with computer programs
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a new, public charter school located in Kennesaw for grades K-8 for the 2022-2023 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”
Northwest Classical Academy | 3010 Cobb Parkway N.W., Kennesaw, GA 30152| NWClassical.org