U.S. Soccer is now hiring for their full-time Fall Associate season! This summer-fall opening has a commitment time period of 6 months. Target dates are June 2019 - November 2019. Candidates applying for this position must submit at least (3) work samples and/or portfolio along with their application.
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The graphic design associate will help bring U.S. Soccer’s Brand to life through visual storytelling. As a graphic design associate, you will work with Brand Leadership and Social Media teams on the design and production (concept through to execution) for creative concepts aligned with U.S. Soccer’s Brand strategy. The position will offer integrated design experience that will expand your portfolio and provide a unique opportunity to help establish U.S. Soccer as the preeminent sport in the U.S. Projects will include but not limited to FIFA Women’s World Cup, CONCACAF Gold Cup, DA Summer Showcase, and the U.S. Open Cup.
- Produce high quality creative assets (digital and print) for various digital channels (app, website, and social media) and events (posters, banners, collateral, etc.) that promote the U.S. Soccer brand narrative and achieve Federation objectives
- Work closely with Brand and other departments (including but not limited to, Content, Social Media, Events, Analytics, DA, Referee, Coaching and Development Fund) to design and produce creative that furthers Federation programs and platforms
- Leverage fan insights to design creative that excites and engage fans in effort to strengthen the brand in connection with our fans
- Develop and review creative to ensure it is consistent with U.S. Soccer brand standards (tone of voice, style, color, and quality)
- Partner with internal creatives and external agency partners to ensure consistency across all assets and foster a collaborative creative development process and environment
- Assists in developing and maintaining schedules for projects
- Research and shares inspiration and best practices from design, sports and other industries
- Candidates applying for this position must submit at least (3) work samples and/or portfolio along with their application
- Has earned, or is currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at an accredited college or university or an advertising portfolio program (must be going into at least their junior year or higher or the equivalent)
- Strong understanding of digital media including social media, website, app, etc.
- Strong, audience-focused design capabilities in both print and new media
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to understand/follow creative direction and incorporate constructive feedback
- Strong time management skills and ability to work within strict deadlines and quick turnarounds
- Highly creative and willingness to contribute innovative ideas/thinking
- Has a pulse on social media trends and user interaction
- Experience in an agency, in-house creative department is a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects & Adobe Premiere is a plus
- Poses a desire to working in the unique space of athletics and design as a career
- Proficient with Apple/ Mac operating systems and equipment
- Familiar with the sport of soccer landscape
- Copywriting and campaign concepting skills desired
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
• Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
• Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
• Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
• Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
• Open to criticism and does not make excuses
• Possess a tireless work ethic
• Wants to be part of a team that wins
• Has the ability to be firm but fair
• Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
• Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills