Job Title: Grants & Foundations Manager
Type: Regular Full-time
Reports To: Director of Development
Location: Downtown Baltimore; remote work possible
No. of Positions: 1
Revision Date: July 20, 2022
General Summary: For more than 60 years the Jesuit Volunteer Corps has engaged brave young believers in vital service within poor communities, fostering the growth of leaders committed to faith in action. The global nonprofit and their network of over 11,000 Former Jesuit Volunteers support approximately 200+ Jesuit Volunteers each year as they work for justice in 32 U.S. cities. For more information, please visit jesuitvolunteers.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Grants and Foundation Manager will help build JVC’s relationships with foundations, corporate sponsors, and other institutional donors. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to grant writing and grant application tracking, sponsorship solicitations, and all related reporting. As a key member of our collaborative development team, the Grants and Foundation Manager also participates in the planning and execution of other fundraising campaigns and events.
Grant Application and Reporting Processes
- Write and prepare grant proposals and reports, including drafting grant budgets, assembling documentation, submitting application and report packages, and following up as necessary
- Manage grant calendar, tracking all application and reporting deadlines
- Research and report on potential funding sources including foundations, businesses, and government programs
- Maintain records of past, current, and future potential institutional funders along with personal contacts and details of individual grants/sponsorships/gifts in donor relationship management database
- Assist Director of Development with stewardship of institutional and, as needed, individual donors
- Assist in identifying sponsorship leads
- Assist in creating fundraising materials – case statements, presentations, correspondence with donors, annual and semi-annual appeal letters and conducting in-house mailings.
- Organize and maintain the fundraising team’s collateral and written assets, particularly as regards to institutional relationships Assist in organizing and actively participate in donor stewardship and cultivation events
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, company retreats, and other company-wide public and private events
Throughout this work, the Grant and Foundations Manager promotes JVC’s core values - social justice, simple living, community and spirituality - in all engagement and programming.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years increasingly responsible experience working with large-scale institutional fundraising, including grant writing and grant lifecycle management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Effective communication and storytelling skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Collaborative working style
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office business applications
- Experience with donor management/CRM software (Raiser’s Edge) and Foundation Directory.
- Commitment to advancing racial equity by engaging in dialogue and reflection to understand how individual, social and cultural racism manifests itself and the work we need to do individually and as an organization to be anti-racist.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Exert minimal physical effort with intermittent movement going from one place to another.
- Withstand prolonged periods of sitting in meetings or at a desk working with a computer.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Required to have close visual acuity to perform extensive work on the computer.
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (40 hours per week)
- Office environment but open to remote work
Salary range $45,000–$50,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Complete and application and upload your resume on JVC’s website at Careers (jesuitvolunteers.org).
Application Deadline: August 5, 2022
As an organization committed to advancing racial equity and inclusion, the Jesuit Volunteer Corps encourages applications from candidates of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, languages, and physical abilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.