About Power to Decide
Power to Decide, the campaign to prevent unplanned pregnancy, believes that all young people should have the opportunity to pursue the future they want, realize their full possibility, and follow their intentions. These beliefs guide our work to ensure that all young people have the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant and have a child. We provide objective, evidence-based information about sexual health, and we work to guarantee equitable access to and information about sexual and reproductive health services, including contraception and abortion. We are a national, non-partisan organization that is committed to common ground, common sense solutions and catalyzing innovation in the public and private sectors.
Power to Decide is seeking a Coordinator, Digital Programs to support the organization’s Abortion Finder and Bedsider programs. The Coordinator is responsible for a wide range of activities, including but not limited to content updates and creation and providing support on key administrative activities. We are seeking an individual that is a self-starter, well organized, and has a passion for reproductive health access and education.
The Coordinator, Digital Programs will report to the Director, Content & UX Strategy.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting well-researched and engaging health content about contraception, abortion, and other reproductive health issues.
- Reviewing and updating content for accuracy, tone, and keyword optimization.
- Supporting project management activities as needed.
- Entering bugs and features into project management tracking system for developers.
- Testing new features before they go live on our websites.
- Coordinating translation of content into Spanish.
- Managing freelancer deliverable schedules.
- Posting content using our content management system.
- Providing administrative support to Director, Content and UX strategy and VP, Digital Programs and Education, including invoice and contract processing, grant proposal and report writing, program and data tracking, and scheduling meetings.
- Preform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who will think big, embrace innovation, and seek new ways of addressing issues. The successful candidate will be responsible, conscientious, adaptive, and resourceful. They will value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives; be collaborative and proactive; and work effectively as part of an integrated cross-functional team. They will be able to comfortably embrace a non-ideological “big tent” approach to sexual health and be passionate about health equity and creating a culture in which all young people can thrive.
Ideally, the Coordinator will have a working understanding of topics related to sexual and reproductive health, including contraception, abortion, and health equity, along with the ability to find interesting ways to engage and educate others about these topics.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least one to two (1-2) years of relevant experience required.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A high degree of creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Exceptional problem-solving, interpersonal, and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across departments to complete assignments and deliver results.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and follow-through.
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently on long-term projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience with content management systems, databases, and project management software.
The Coordinator, Digital Programs is a non-exempt position. Salary is based on market factors and individual experience and abilities. The starting salary range for this position is $47,840 to $54,876.
Power to Decide has an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, 403b plan with 6% employer contribution after one-year, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, flexible work schedules, and generous leave which includes PTO, vacation accrual, summer hours, a floating holiday, and paid holidays.
Power to Decide is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive, multicultural environment. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, parenting status (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniformed service member status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are asking all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the CDC and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and writing sample with your application.