Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate team members.
This position will be supporting the Customer Experience team 11am-7:30pm EST.
What You’ll Do:
The Customer Experience Team Lead will alternate frequently between performing agent level duties (assisting with call and email volume) and leadership duties (monitoring and assisting agents).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- The Team Lead is a hands-on leader assisting with all phases of account inquiries.
- Will assist agents, who need help dealing with customer concerns by stepping in, offering advice or authorizing a special adjustment if needed.
- Is the first level of customer escalation and will ensure the customer’s issues are resolved in a professional and timely manner. This is often referred to as a “supervisor call or case.”
- Responsible for the daily activities of Product Specialists by monitoring inbound call queues and Salesforce cases and making appropriate allocations of labor resources to meet daily productivity and service goals.
- Will correspond with other staff members to obtain additional information and clarification needed to resolve customer problems.
- Implements and models standards of courteous and professional interactions with customers and coworkers.
- Meets with the Director regularly to effectively communicate and resolve customer service issues, set and prioritize goals, improve processes and review productivity.
- Assists with staff communication, providing updates, resolving issues, setting goals and maintaining standards.
- Responsible for setting goals for their team in an effort to spur performance and to measure effectiveness.
- Effectively manages staff through changes and maintaining or improving team morale within the Customer Service Department.
Training and Educating Staff
- Responsible for the continued training of new team members on duties and expectations.
- Responsible for mentoring support for all new Product Specialists.
- Ensures that correct procedures are followed and routinely gives directions to the staff on what steps to take and how to improve using coaching strategies.
- Monitors and reports how individual Team Members are performing as well as team or shift performance and is able to think of ways to increase productivity and customer satisfaction to improve performance of the team
- Team Leads are responsible for coaching Team Members toward improvement in productivity and service metrics such as:
- Call and email processing accuracy (correct steps were completed)
- Call and email processing courtesies (excellent use of soft skills and empathy)
- Call and email processing efficiency (time to complete tasks)
- Team Leads may be required to document their observations in written reports submitted to upper management
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
Directly supervises department Team Members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Whisker policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training, and hiring Team Members, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, addressing Team Member issues, and upholding safety and quality guidelines.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School diploma is required
- 2+ years of customer service leadership experience and/or 5+ years of customer service experience
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Maintains confidentiality of the information processed
- Ability to hold others accountable to standards and expectations
- Must be resourceful, action-oriented, decisive and a self-starter
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, without losing composure
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to provide a working atmosphere that is positive and productive
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
Not Required but nice to have!
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Not required to have pets, but highly recommended!
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.