The Maintenance Supervisor/Manager is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance operations of an assigned property and ensures that the overall physical aspects of the property meet the Company’s established standards and any applicable laws. This position is also responsible for quality control, purchasing and supply management, budgeting, Risk Management, and personnel administration.
Why Work for TPS?
- Great Culture
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
- Rental discount
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the property.
- Assists Business Manager with interviewing and hiring maintenance staff.
- Directs and supervises daily activities of the maintenance team, such as planning and preparing work schedules, assigning tasks and delegating work, monitoring progress and work flow, reviewing work for timeliness and accuracy, and appraising work performance.
- Consults with Business Manager to determine and implement associate performance actions, which includes raises, promotions, discipline, terminations, etc.
- Schedules, monitors and performs preventative maintenance and apartment turns.
- Leads on-site maintenance staff and participates in diagnosing problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliances.
- Manages and responds to resident maintenance issues and repairs by responding promptly and professionally.
- Inspects apartments before and after move-in and move-outs, as well as after the apartment has been turned.
- Performs property inspections on a regular basis in order to maintain cleanliness and identify problems.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance team to items that need to be repaired.
- Manages vendor selection and vendor relations, so as to ensure quality performance.
- Obtains bids from outside contractors as well as oversees contractor work for completeness.
- Communicates with Business Manager regarding the overall maintenance function at the property.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants, and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Ability to use a personal computer and has working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as computer tracking systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key/Handy track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend budgets.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
May require one or more of the following certifications:
- EPA Certification, Type I and II.
- HVAC Certification.
- CPO certification (pool).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent climbing, reaching, and use of fingers.
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and lifting, and talking and hearing.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Ability to identify and distinguish color.
- Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors using nose.
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
*Tarragon Property Services will require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of employment – not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs with TPS.*
“We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.” '