An empathetic, up-beat professional with exceptional customer service skills
An encouraging, flexible collaborator for whom making people feel important comes naturally
An altruistic and confident individual who seeks meaning in their daily work
Join us in our heart work.
Snowline Hospice is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. Our mission is to enhance the living, comfort the dying, and support the grieving with compassion and dignity. Our Referral team is dynamic and supportive; not only caring for the patients, friends, and families we serve, but for each other, every day.
The Referral Coordinator supports incoming referrals, enters patient's data into the electronic medical record, schedules patients for admission, coordinates the timely delivery of equipment, and processes insurances verifications.
Here's how you'll be caring.
- In close collaboration with other team members, you will actively support quality care and assist in improving the lives of others
- Helping people through difficult times and providing support to patients, families, friends, and community partners
- Enjoy meaningful and friendly interactions as you join forces to make good things happen
Each day. Essential functions.
- Answer incoming referral office calls, respond to electronic communications and faxes for smooth and timely responses to all patient referrals
- Provide physicians, patients, family members and other callers with information about hospice and supportive care services
- When referral is received obtain initial referral information, coordinate patient evaluation by arranging date and time of meeting with patient and advise admission nurse(s) about appointment time
- Coordinates medical records and details with the referral source
- Enter initial patient referral information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Verify patient insurance(s) for hospice service coverage
- Provide administrative support to ensure a smooth process from time of patient referral to admission visit
- Calm, soothe and empathize with the strong emotions our patients and families are experiencing
- Motivate and encourage a team of healthcare professionals in providing the best care possible to each patient
Come for the culture. And the benefits.
- Deeply meaningful, heart-warming work
- Continuous displays of gratitude from patients, family and friends
- Collaboration with other compassionate, unique and professional colleagues
- Warm, friendly, flexible, supportive, and safe work environment
- Highly regarded, long-standing reputation for quality service in the community
- Connection to an incredible team of industry leaders
- Opportunity for career development and advancement
- Competitive compensation
- Generous Health and Wellness Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision, EAP and company paid Life Insurance
- Robust PTO and time off program
- Educational Support (based on eligibility)
- Supportive and helpful 401k (plus matching) program
- Flexible work schedules
Our ideal candidate.
- Associate's Degree preferred
- One year experience in a healthcare setting required
- One year of hospice or palliative care experience preferred
- Insurance and authorizations experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work in a timely manner with accuracy and thoroughness
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, handle pressure and delicate situations while effectively carrying out job responsibilities
- Demonstrated computer skills with extensive experience using Microsoft Word and Excel required
- EHR (Electronic Health/Medical Record) experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work harmoniously and cooperatively with a wide variety of people
- Embraces different belief systems and respects individual choices and lifestyles
- Handle confidential information in an appropriate manner and uses discretion when handling sensitive information
- Is open to weekend and/or evening work
Come join us in the heart work of Caring and Collaboration!
APPLY TODAY and become part of the Snowline family!
Snowline Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.