Facilities Technician-Full-Time, Direct hire, Perm
Function & Responsibility
Ensures production machines and equipment are safe and functional on the manufacturing floor to the highest standards to assure maximum machine availability to exceed customers’ needs for a quality product delivered on time and on budget.
About MDC Precision:
MDC Precision is a world leader in delivering high-quality products to the research, semiconductor, aerospace, life sciences, and food processing sectors. We also offer comprehensive design and manufacturing solutions to augment our customer’s needs.
Our customers rely on us to provide the precision components that are required for operation at the atomic scale. Our products are critical to systems that produce semiconductors that are less than 20 atoms in size, physics apparatus that must-see at the sub-atomic level, and imaging of organic tissue at the cell level – all to enable science to change the world for the better.
We enable innovation by bringing our expertise in vacuum science, ultrapure and ultra-hygienic materials fabrication, and ceramic-to-metal sealing along with our design and manufacturing partnerships.
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being, and financial security for our employees and their families including:
- Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, and wellness plans
- Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind
- Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
- Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
- Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements and milestones
Requirements: Primary Responsibilities:
*Follows safety standards.
- Observe, record, and report unsafe working conditions.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by minimizing machine downtime, and execution of scheduled and preventative maintenance. Manual and CNC machines including Mills Lathes, welding equipment, motors, pneumatic equipment, and machine control systems following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools, forklifts, and scissor lift hoists.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop techniques and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; requesting orders from the Facility Manager, and verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follow orders and complete work assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Performs other duties assigned.
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required*
*Must have an above-average understanding of mechanical equipment and electrical systems.
- Above-average understanding of building systems including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, and building construction and repair.
- Has Technical Zeal, and deals with uncertainty and changing job requirements.
- Ability to repair basic electrical systems such as switches, lighting ballasts, and lamps.
- Good people and team skills.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to push/pull – climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be well organized and learn quickly.
- Must have own rollaway tool cabinet with basic maintenance tools.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, and on short notice as directed.
- Good skills in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to five years of responsible experience in mechanical equipment and electrical systems, and building systems maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid California Driver's License.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time