Who We Are:
- An employer who prioritizes your wellness
- An employer who supports your growth
- An employer who sees and acknowledges all of you
- An employer who educates on and advocates for mental health while sharing hope to those on their mental health journey or supporting individuals on their mental health journey.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Strong problem solver with the ability to think on their feet
- Empathetic and approachable
- Understanding and experienced with the mental health system/crisis intervention
- Demonstrate sensitivity and empathy regarding human service issues. Project a non-judgmental attitude towards those requiring assistance
- Answer and provide appropriate assistance for information/referral calls following policies and procedures
- Answer and provide appropriate intervention for crisis/suicide calls following policies and procedures
- Identify previous callers and provide appropriate action items based on their past calls and profile
- Complete follow-up calls in accordance with policies and procedures
- Assist in problem-solving and navigating issues as they arise on the Helpline
- Enter updated information on resources into the database, as needed.
- Contact Clinical Coordinator or other on-call supervisors as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to well serve underrepresented and vulnerable populations, including social and racial/ethnic minorities as well as those living with mental illnesses and/or substance use disorders
- Proven record of success working in a diverse environment that includes people of different identities, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender and physical/mental ability
- Exhibits sensitivity, empathy regarding human service issues and projects a non-judgmental attitude towards those requiring assistance
- Excellent listening skills
- Critical Thinker
- A Bachelor’s Degree in social service field or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree, LCSW or LCPC preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with the mental health system and crisis situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and database management.
• Compensation Range begins at $20/hour
• Company Sponsored Wellness Activities
Compensation range begins at $20/hour