This position is responsible for:
• Leading and directing a Logistics team
• The profitability of Hill Brothers Logistics.
• Managing daily service requirements and customer relationships.
• Managing and developing a sales team to drive topline growth and bottom-line profitability
• Ensuring accountability of staff to sales and operational goals
• Supervising the logistics team on a day to day basis, managing issues as they arise.
• Planning, directing, coordinating and supervising logistics activities in accordance with governmental laws and regulations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Create, formulate and evaluate logistics strategies with operations and management personnel.
• Direct, plan, and implement policies, objectives, and company activities to ensure continued operations, maximize profits and increase productivity.
• Evaluate the financial aspects of logistics service development, such as budgets, expenditures, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
• Develop pricing strategies, balancing company objectives and customer satisfaction.
• Direct the hiring and training of staff
• Assist the Logistics manager with performance evaluations for Logistics staff
• Assist and monitor the Logistics manager in overseeing daily activities.
• Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing and sales activities and policies to promote company services.
• Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of logistics services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
• Negotiate contracts and rates with customers to manage freight volume and pricing.
• Maintain accurate data and reporting to executive management.
• Initiate resolutions for customer/operations logistics service issues.
• Prepare and present reports, to executive management, concerning activities, expenses, budgets, revenue, margin and other items affecting business or services. i.e. Margin Report, Bonus Report, Sales Analysis, Aging Report, Settlements, Cargo Claims etc.
• Confer with company owners, department heads, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems.
• Implement and document corrective action plans to solve organizational or departmental problems.
• Prepare budgets for approval.
• Review and approve reports submitted by staff members.
• Comply with company and governmental policies and procedures.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
• Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
• Deliver Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Innovative - Ability to look beyond the existing standard structure and create new business opportunities.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or five years of equivalent experience in management of complex Logistics or 3PL business.
Computer Skills - proficient in keyboarding; working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Physical demands/requirements available upon request.