Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the timely preparation of customer invoices in accordance with the billing process and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Billing Specialist will be mailing of daily invoices.
- Index documents timely.
- The Billing Specialist will validate backup documents related to billing such as Purchase Orders (PO’s), Bills of Lading (BOL’s), scale tickets, freight paperwork, etc. against the order.
- Manage rejected invoices from customers regarding emails.
- The Billing Specialist will review billing mailbox daily.
- Will develop and maintain a professional relationship with team members.
- Work with customers to answer billing questions.
- The Billing Specialist will perform additional duties as assigned.
- The Billing Specialist will report directly to the Billing Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years billing experience
- Experience using s MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Great Plains software
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Transportation with Chemical companies
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated skill to possess a positive and motivated attitude in a fast pace environment
- Ability to adapt to change
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Strong problem solving and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
- Proven multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player and get involved in all aspects of the business function
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and fax machines.
Benefits and Perks:
• 401(k) Plan
• Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
• 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accident
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.