The Platform & Discovery team is seeking an experienced leader of the Next Generation Editing Technologies team responsible for design & optimization of novel precision editing systems to support Arbor’s innovative pipeline of gene editing therapies. This role requires experience in genome editing, cell-based assay development, and high throughput functional screening to develop & optimize novel precision genome editing systems. The successful candidate will be working in a highly collaborative environment and must have the capability to effectively lead complex projects working across multiple functional groups and have a demonstrated track record of success as a people manager and mentor.
- Develop high throughput assays to measure activity of novel gene editing systems in disease relevant mammalian cell types with a focus on precision editing and large payload delivery.
- Set strategy and drive execution of screening campaigns to optimize performance of novel gene editing technologies in mammalian cells using both arrayed and pooled approaches.
- Investigate the influence of DNA repair and chromatin biology on gene editing and develop strategies to modulate these processes to enhance gene editing outcomes.
- Develop pooled screening assays using molecular barcoding techniques for optimization of gene editing systems, with a particular focus on lentiviral screening methods.
- Work with the computational biology & automation teams to design and optimize methods for data collection and analysis.
- Lead the High Throughput Biology team, providing strategic and technical leadership in genome engineering, cell biology, and functional genomics.
- Build a culture of personal accountability, teamwork, and mentorship that supports the professional development of direct reports and junior scientists across the Arbor community.
- PhD and/or post-doctoral training in the area of cell biology, genetics, biological engineering, synthetic biology, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience in genome engineering, functional genomics, gene therapy or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience building, managing, and leading teams to successfully meet objectives supporting the organization, its people, and patients.
- In depth knowledge of gene editing in mammalian cell systems is essential.
- Demonstrated track record of applying high throughput screening and synthetic biology approaches.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills are required to work with cross departmental teams/functions to drive drug discovery projects.
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You'll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we're all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing and making available to all patients the next-generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic disease.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional. Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.