BCMC is a joint effort of the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau (GBCVB) and the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) to market and sell the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, and The Lawn On D. Employment is with the GBCVB.
Reporting to the Director of Hotel Relations & Services - BCMC, the Hotel Relations Coordinator assembles room blocks for smaller conventions and provides administrative support to the Director and the Hotel Relations Team in servicing the centers’ convention clients.
- Manage assigned non-bullseye, BCEC & Hynes events.
- Monitor hotel partners’ staffing and property changes. Update database.
- Assist in the management of database systems (CRM / USI).
- Coordinate client site tour itineraries, setting hotel visit appointments, car service, and client gifts/amenities.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to update hotel, restaurant and venue fact sheets, custom maps and template.
- Market analytics and online research assistance as requested.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Hotel Relations Team.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- The Hotel Relations Coordinator is a full-time, Monday through Friday
- This is an in-person position. The BCMC offers work-from-home Fridays, subject to change in the future
- COVID-19 considerations: All staff are required to submit proof of having received a COVID immunization.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Excellent aptitude for professionalism, organization, creativity, responsiveness, and follow-up.
- Must be attentive to detail and possess excellent typing, writing and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word as well as Adobe Creative Cloud is a must.
- Good working knowledge of the city is an asset.
GBCVB offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental plans, 401(k), vacation, PTO and sick time, company-paid life and disability coverage, flexible work arrangements and an exciting, collegial work environment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing specific qualifications for the position and salary expectations as well as a resume.
GBCVBs is the primary private sector marketing and visitor services organization charged with the development of meetings, conventions, and tourism-related business. Comprised of over 1,200 member companies in Boston, Cambridge and across New England, our goal is to enhance the economy of the region. GBCVB is a not-for-profit, membership-driven sales and marketing organization.
GBCVB is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating a workplace that reflects this commitment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.