The 3rd Base Counselor is responsible for daily implementation of the program and assisting in scheduling activities and supervision of children within the guidelines of the Belvidere Park District. The Counselor reports to the Recreation Supervisor-Youth with daily direction from the 3rd Base Coordinator.
Classification: Seasonal Part-time -- Class 1
Hours: Program hours run primarily from 1:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday when school is in session.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Experience in working with children ages 5-12 preferred.
- Possess decision-making, conflict resolution, delegation, and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
- Possess the knowledge and skills of implementing, organizing, and supervising activities
- Medic First Aid/CPR/AED Certification (or equivalent) is required within 30 days of employment. If you are not already certified, training will be provided.