*\*Available For All Shifts\** *Shifts: 2nd Shift - Swing, Graveyard * available for Orbital Welder Trainees. No Experience is needed.
Do you want a career that is in high demand? We teach Orbital Welding. Would you like to learn on the job to be an Orbital Welder? MDC Precision has a training program for brand new welders who are in a welding school, just graduated, brazers, and cleanroom associates that have been working in cleanrooms for years.
This is what you will learn in this training program.
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprint, and procedure manuals
* Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
*Functions & Responsibilities: * TIG Welding / Fabrication of custom chambers and/or components using customer-supplied drawings and/or blueprints while holding tolerances of +/-.010 and/or .5% angular.
* Perform orbital welding of tubing and components * Set up and calibrates power supply with the correct welding program.
* Set up gas mixing equipment * Creates and logs weld coupons
* Must be able to meet or exceed the requirement of the project through manual fabrication such as port alignment, scribing, cutting/copying, tacking, tuning, and welding while maintaining angular tolerance’s of +/- ½ %, focal lengths, and target points of +/- .010; closely collaborate with machinists throughout the manufacturing process for each phase of the project.
* Must be familiar with metallurgy, primarily stainless steel.
* Must know the proper weld settings for welding various materials along with filler rod selection.
* Must have a solid knowledge of GD&T.
* Must be able to produce vacuum-tight welds in hard-to-reach areas of chambers.
* Ability and understanding of how to identify the proper order of operations (identifying the main datum point/sequence of hole penetration)
* Ability to locate the ports in regards to the target point, angle, and/or focal length
* Ability and understanding of how to set up and use target point fixtures
Job Type: Full-time