For almost 20 years, MarketPlace, a business, brand, and creative strategy company, has partnered with companies all over the world in the Health + Wellness, Food + Beverage, and Pet + Animal industries. Our value proposition is to cultivate meaningful nutrition and lifestyle brands for people and pets.
The Account Manager will closely support and collaborate with Brand Strategists to provide top notch solutions and service. You know your clients and teammates well and deliver exceptional work, rooted in strategy, on time and within scope. You will spend a majority of your time connecting, communicating, reading, researching, planning, creating, organizing, and facilitating. The mindset and skillset of an experienced Account Manager are valued, and the right fit will add to the success and happiness of our team and clients.
A Bit About Us
We are a team of talented, conscientious high achievers who help B2B and B2C companies in the Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal, and Health + Wellness industries create better brands for healthier, happier people and pets by launching new products, new businesses, and new or revitalized brands with full-service business strategy and creative capabilities.
A Bit About You
This role is a unique blend of strategy management, client management, and project management. If you think you are that type of person, then read on for details about what this role will encompass.
Brand Strategy Management
- Establishes mutual rapport and trust with clients to foster long-term client partnerships
- Communicates directly with clients on new projects, marketing/branding strategy, and maintenance/measurements and engages Brand Strategist as required
- Anticipates the downstream implications of a change to a brand or product and takes into consideration what will need to be updated
- Collaborates with media team and assists in the organization and management of media-related materials
- Takes client meeting conversations and distills them into meaningful notes and To Dos
- Manages tactical project elements (meetings, schedules, email response, etc.)
- Accountable for managing project details with precision
- Organizes and relays project details and client feedback to Strategist and team
- Driven to identify gaps and opportunities, and make change happen
- Works with teams to keep projects on-track, on-time, and within budget
- Organize and relay project details and client feedback
- Establishes and manages project timelines
- Tracks expenses and reviews project budgets
- Has a propensity for taking a strategic view of things
- Solid project management skills, including the ability to manage and track project budgets, deliverables, and timelines
- Robust communication skills – written, verbal, and visual
- Critical thinking, needs anticipation, and problem-solving mind
- Enjoys seeing things through to completion
- Ability to anticipate the needs of each project and prevent problems
- Excels in a fast-paced team- and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and clients simultaneously
- Values and demonstrates efficiency
- Writes clear, concise, actionable emails
Education & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience within the branding, marketing, or advertising field
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Strategic Communications, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated success in managing client accounts and expectations
Please spend some time on our website (market-pl.com) and make sure that you have a good sense of who we are and what we do. If you’re reading this, the position is open. Please click the Apply link if you are qualified and interested. We can’t respond to all applicants, but we have a good sense of what/whom we’re looking for, so if we think you’re a good fit based on your application materials, we’ll certainly be in touch.