Job Title: Development Associate
Type: Full-time, Regular
Reports To: Director of Development
Location: Baltimore, MD
No. of Positions: 1
Revision Date: July 25, 2022
For more than 40 years, the Jesuit Volunteer Corps has engaged young people to serve in marginalized communities, fostering the growth of leaders committed to faith in action. JVC operates domestically and internationally and has a network of over 12,000 Former Jesuit Volunteers (FJVs). The current cohort of approximately 200 Jesuit Volunteers serve 33 communities in 31 U.S. cities. For more information, please visit www.jesuitvolunteers.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Development Associate is an integral part of the development and organizational operations of the Jesuit Volunteer Corps. The Development Associate will be responsible for clerical, logistical, and support functions within the department. The position requires a high level of professionalism and courtesy in working with stakeholders, a highly detail-oriented approach to data collection and entry and strong organization and project management skills.
- Process donations per established procedures, including:
o Accurate and timely entry of all gifts into database, and
o Immediate processing of donor acknowledgement letters and correspondence.
- Assist donors with all inquiries in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Format and run reports regularly and upon request in support of Development activities.
- Coordinate with other functional areas, such as Finance, Communications and Program.
- Assist with fundraising events logistics including mailings, following up with potential attendees, RSVPs and inquiries.
- Make needed updates to constituent contact information in database using available tools and based on constituent contacts.
- Maintain the database, including system configuration, security configuration, and global processes.
- Active participation in JVC’s anti-racism work on a personal and organizational level.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
Throughout this work, the Development Associate promotes JVC’s core values - social justice, simple living, community and spirituality - in all engagement and programming.
- At least 2-3 years' fundraising experience in a non-profit organization
- Experience and comfort working in an environment with multiple simultaneous projects with a sense of urgency to meet critical deadlines.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and NXT are required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, or nonprofit management
Knowledge and Abilities
- Commitment to advancing racial equity by engaging in dialogue and reflection to understand how individual, social and cultural racism manifests itself and the work we need to do individually and as an organization to be anti-racist.
- Must be resourceful, enterprising, and creative.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills evidenced by professionalism and courtesy in relations with a variety of stakeholders.
- Personal integrity and discretion; must maintain confidentiality of information.
- Current knowledge and use of Raiser’s Edge and NXT are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Typical workday of 9 am – 5 pm. Overnight travel may be required 4 – 8 times per year.
- Comfort with Zoom/remote environment. While this position is located in the Baltimore office and requires in person accessibility, the majority of JVC’s staff work remotely.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual be able to:
- Significant amounts of office work; must have the physical ability to sit and stand for long periods of time and perform daily activities from a desk and must be able to operate a desktop computer and other standard office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Required to have close visual acuity to perform extensive work on the computer.
Salary: $40,000 - $55,000
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: August 12. 2022.
As an organization committed to advancing racial equity and inclusion, the Jesuit Volunteer Corps encourages applications from candidates of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, languages, and physical abilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
See position description.