• Performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
• Responds to service calls, drives to site, greets customer, performs preventive maintenance and/or troubleshoots malfunctioning systems/equipment to determine the nature of the problem.
• Performs preventive maintenance on equipment to prevent equipment failure by cleaning air handling systems and reheat coils, monitoring and calibrating air handling systems and replacing filters, motors, fans, belts, etc. on systems. Repairs, replaces and adjusts vents and duct work.
• Assists in locating and diagnosing problems, assessing extent of repairs and describing options and associated costs to the customer. Provides a description of diagnosed problems to customer in terms that can be understood with options, as possible.
• Checks condensation drain line to ensure that it is free of debris and draining properly. Treats and/or clears clogged drain lines.
• Maintains and fuels vehicle and stocks the service truck with adequate parts. Transports materials and tools to the job site and provides proper accounting of tools and materials.
• Completes all required documentation on services and collects, records and delivers fees to the office.
• Installs, repairs, replaces or cleans refrigerant lines, fans, appliance vents, smoke detectors, humidifiers and grills, as appropriate.
• Tests repairs and installations by starting unit and checking pressures with gauges to ensure proper operation.
• Coordinates with dispatch to plan the workday and determine the optimal travel route to scheduled appointments
• Ensures the safe driving of company vehicles at all times
• Surveys and discusses in detail with the customer any services to be completed
• Maintain a good driving record in compliance with company requirements
• Have a general knowledge of residential and commercial HVAC systems
• Demonstrated ability of good customer service techniques
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relations with internal and external customers.
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be well organized and possess outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and to use power tools and climb ladders
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 - 5 years of related experience
• Valid Driver License for the State of employment
• 18 years of age or older
• Knowledge of boiler and oil heating a plus